Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Gilbert Gottfried, drawn for the final Village Voice


The final print issue of New York's legendary alt' weekly newspaper The Village Voice is out today (9/20/17), and many current and former contributing writers,

photographers, illustrators and cartoonists were invited to create one last piece for the issue.

I drew my old friend, comedian and podcaster Gilbert Gottfried, posed on a downtown street in Manhattan.

The addition of the, (soon to be history), red Voice distribution box was suggested by the Voice's art director, Ashley Smestad Velez.

https://www.villagevoice.com/2017/09/20/youre-probably-reading-this-on-an-electronic-device/
Gilbert Gottfried

initial sketch (shoes were changed to sneakers)

printed page, including my text

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mister Friedman, I am a big fan. Actually, I am a tall fan if that counts. Okay, I am not John Lithgow tall, but anyway I like your work. However, I am the founder of the Vilnius Jewish Library in Lithuania. I must say that of all your work I most like what you did regarding Tor Johnson. It would be a pleasure and honor to hear from you.

    Respectfully Yours,

    Wyman Brent

    wyman.brent@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete